February 24, 2011

He got me...

So I always go on and on about how sweet my boy is....My never does a thing wrong....my would never, ever try to get something past me.....my.....Um...I think I caught a little glimpse of a different side of my son the other night.
It was time to take a bath and his response was he didn't want to. My counter was that I had not asked him I told him, it was not a request and he did not have a choice. I walked him into the bathroom and I started running the water while he pulled his clothes off. Then he spied Cami's bubble bath on the back of the toilet and said "I want to put this in the bath." Most people know this, but for the few that don't, my son HATES bubble baths...They are in fact a sort of torture for him. So, I stand there for a couple seconds, eyeing my sweet boy looking up at me clutching the bubble bath bottle to his little chest. He is looking at me so earnestly with those gorgeous blue eyes. (Those eyes have been known to get more than one person to do his bidding.) I think, what the heck he wants to try something new, and let him pour some bubble bath into the tub. Almost immediately the tub begins to fill with bubbles. The conversation then went like this:
Me: "Okay, it is time to get in."
Aiden: "Oh I don't like bubbles, I can't take a bath with bubbles."
Me: "You just asked to put the bubble bath in to make bubbles."
Aiden: "Cami can take a bath."
I had been bamboozled! He clearly did not want to take a bath and by making it bubbly he thought he would not have to. Mommy would never put him in a bath of bubbles, she knows how much he can't stand it.
Not to be outdone I ceremoniously scooped him up and plopped him in the bath. He screeched "No!" I laughed and scooped him back out (I am not that mean, he really does HATE bubbles. ) I wrapped him up and sat him on the toilet and said "Now we are going to take a bath?" "Yes, Mommy, I need to get the bubbles off." I stopped the water, drained the tub and then refilled it. Aiden took a very long bath.....

0 reflections:

Post a Comment