February 10, 2011

keeping up

Ok..time goes super fast (As we all know.) My husband mentioned I hadn't posted in a awhile....He isn't even a follower he just "drops by." I figured though that I better keep up with it, or I will forget stuff.
Cam has been being Cam. She says and does funny things all the time. Riding in the car the other day she saw a person dressed as the Statue of Liberty and she blurts out " Look it is the Statue of Liberty." I think my niece told her what it was, but still impressive. Just today a song came on and she said "Oh, it's Sugarland!" Thats me and my girl "Stuck Like Glue." When I run around the house trying to get us out of the house she will tell me "Mom, relax...jus' relax." Or when it is time for bed she will ask "Is everything alright Mom, are you happy?" "Everything's okay, right Mom?" It is in these moments that I see what a sponge she is and that she is WATCHING every move I make...No pressure.
My Aiden is doing well, I dare to write that he has been a happy, healthy guy. Really though, Aiden is ALWAYS happy and ....He is such a tender heart...
This morning I could tell he really needed a break from Cam and he told her "Cam, you stay here." (He was only going to his room from her room.) to which she responded "Aiden, I want to stay with you, PLEASE!" (Did I mention he was only going to his room.) to which he replied: "Oh, alright, come with me." Such a simple conversation, it maybe lasted five seconds, but it was so Aiden. He wanted some quiet, but she wanted to be right there with him and as usual she got what she wanted. When they were much younger, we had to teach Aiden that he didn't have to give her everything...it was okay to tell her no. Even Aiden is under her spell....

1 reflections:

Leslie said...

sweet sweet post.... love this friend..it is so CAM.

Post a Comment